Friday, April 3, 2009

Taking it slow

In weight loss, quick results are sometimes desired but generally not recommended. Healthly weight loss is supposed to be around 1 to 2 lbs a week. Well, last time I lost weight last year I lost 70 lbs in 7 months, which was a little too fast. I had loose skin and my body image was out of wack, not to mentioned my clothes!

This time around, I hope to go a little slower and get some overall fitness results at the same time. This is the major area where I am really happy with my Power 90 experience. I have been getting stronger all over my body and my breathing capacity and cardiovascular condition has improved a lot over my previous post-quitting-smoking-low.

PS: I am feeling MUCH better! Back to normal! WOOT!

1 comment:

  1. Quick results are always fun and not always a bad thing. It's a proven fact that the more your body has available to lose, the faster it's going to lose it. Look at me, about 45 pounds in 60 days. I lost about 30 the first 30. My body seems to be adapting quite well. But exercise always helps with your body adapting properly. And I'm being safe about it. I'm eating enough, I'm eating right, etc... It just happens to be dropping off.

    ReplyDelete