Monday, April 6, 2009

Permission

Hi world,

Today I'd like to talk about Permission. That is, giving yourself permission to splurge and cheat on your nutrition plan. Some people find it helps them and then may gradually find they need it less and less as they practice a healthy lifestyle.

For me, it's quite the opposite. I sabotage myself and get into negative habits of negative thinking. It all becomes a quick sand of self-fulfilling prophecy and failure that I can't escape. I am somehow afraid of how being fit and strong will affect my life. A major part of my personality is that of the serious athelete, which is strange coming from someone who hardly exercised for ten YEARS!

AND I am afraid to FAIL! Wow that's a huge one. My demons of delusion say to me, "aw give up you moron you can't do it" or "you're tired, come on and stop, exercise is too much hassle." Well, it is well within my power to live with these thoughts (demons that they be), and I will explain below.

So a friend's recent post on BCB has inspired me to start a practice of giving myself PERMISSION to succeed with my weight loss goals. I can thank my demons for their opinion (Thanks to Jack Kornfield) and direct my intention toward healthy living. I can dedicate myself to noble success in compassion for myself and those around me. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment