Thursday, June 18, 2009

Discipline

I base the concept of my blog on an ancient Chinese story about an old man that wants to level a mountain that blocks his route to market from his farm. He starts moving the mounting rock by rock. People ask him what are you doing? You can't move a mountain like that. He said yes I can. If I don't finish, those after me, my sons can finish or their sons after them...

The point of this is I didn't put this weight on in a day, so it will takes weeks and weeks (years worth of weeks even) to get to a healthy and fit weight. That's just reality. But using our will, waking our consciousness, and by choosing (which a friend recently reminded me is an action verb) to do the right thing we can get there.

Yesterday one of my senior brothers in the kungfu school told the children that discipline means doing the right thing. So true... My Sifu (teacher) told me months ago that discipline was the answer to my problems of weight gain, ill health and inactivity. In doing so he saved my life. Now I understand what he meant better than ever. Thanks Lester.

No comments:

Post a Comment