Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Be the Hero in the Video Game of Life

I have played video games since childhood (since they started really, 20plus years now at least). I was severely addicted to World of Warcraft in China and I blame that lifestyle for destroying my health and my spirit for so many years.

The other day, one of my senior colleagues at my teacher's kungfu school was responding to a child babbling on about a video game, and said "be the hero in the video game of life" (or at least that was the gist of it). That hit me right in the forehead! YES! That's IT! That is a perfect way to describe my recent experiences and my near future. In online games like World of Warcraft sure you make a lot of friends online and you do try to solve puzzles and acheive goals, especially gear and equipment goals, BUT it's all NOT REAL. If the servers at WOW's corportate offices fried, you would up a creek!!! Your hard work would ALL BE GONE! Your LIFE --fake though it may be-- would be GONE! That is a stupid way to live. If you play or are a parent of someone who plays, please supervise the player and try to wean him off it. Show her another choice. An active lifestyle of activities and real friends! Thank GOD I am free of that evil! It's as evil as smoking FOR SURE if that helps to put the problem in perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment