Monday, May 18, 2009

Answer to a friend, Day 64 Update

I am ok. Last night was rough because I was thinking too much and feeling very alone. When I was in China for so many years, the experience changed me in how I think about family and life, and there is some culture shock living so close yet so far from family (long story). Like my Sifu (kung fu teacher) says "don't think so much."

You are right about the deception. They are stories played out by the mind and the weaker aspects of our nature (so-called "demons" and "inner brats"). I don't have to play a role in the stories. Just let them do their shpeel and pass.

Thanks for listening. Pushin play is my salvation. Eating well, sleeping well and helping others when given the opportunity is my salvation. Such is life. I try to think what would Jesus or the Buddha do and that helps.

I will try to make more time for reflection and meditation to stabilize myself. It is helpful to blog a bit about such things as they affect my health holistically.

Day 64, I guess... didn't check my calender but that should be right. Did my cardio and abs workout. Not too bad... Feeling better for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment