Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sleep-eating (AKA Zombie Snacking)

Hello there,

A couple of weeks ago as I was trying to recommit to Weightwatchers I kept having episodes at nighttime, bedtime, in the middle of the night, or when I'd wake up where I'd go to the kitchen and eat peanut butter in binge quantities. I'd try to stop myself and something in my mind (me of course, I am not crazy) said "NO!" That scared me bigtime, so I started talking with my friends about it. When I likened my problem to sleep-walking, one of my co-workers said that when she sleepwalked as a child, her parents would block dangerous areas with a chair or other obstacles to keep her safe.

So I tried it and for 3 weeks now it has really helped my resolve to stay out of the kitchen and away from food at night time. Being "empty" at night is really a great feeling. Hunger seems to fade with time, so so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment