Monday, March 30, 2009

Food Memory

My office had a big office party last friday and there is food leftover sitting there in the kitchen on offer. Cake, chicken, blah blah... The yellow cake was calling to me just now as I love that sweet icing. I know deep down the stuff is TOTAL CRAP! So I summoned up a thought that has helped me recently:

"Remember the taste"

I have had yellow cake with sweet icing millions of times. And as a net-friend of mine has been quoted as saying "If you do what you have always done, you get what you always got." (Bootcamp Buddies' Mr. CW -- to the best of my knowledge). So I stood there enjoying what yellow cake used to taste like and remembered that after that first bite it always tastes worse and WORSE until it tastes like sugary crap in your mouth and you want to PUKE!

I think you get the drift. Your mind is a powerful weapon. Use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment