Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Nordic Walking ROCKS

Ever heard of Nordic Walking?

No? Well, it's a great way to exercise, especially if you are heavy. First get some adjustable or non-adjustable hiking poles, then buy some rubber tips (or "paws", Amazon has em), put em together, learn how to do it, then walk away the lbs!

Well, I am not the best preacher for this type of exercise. I used to live in a great neighborhood for walking, but since moving to a new apartment complex, I have gravitated towards indoor workouts like Beachbody DVDs (Power 90, which I recently started) or Yoga DVDs.

Once the weather gets nice and I get used to my new area, I'd like to do more Nordic walking!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Mike! This is SSKatie from BCB, and I'm following your blog. Just wanted to say that I've got Nordic-type poles and I really enjoy walking with them at the local park. If you have back problems, they seem to help support you as you're walking along.

    Keep up the good work, buddy!

    ReplyDelete